Beef Pho Noodle Soup(Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup)
Pho soup varieties
The pho is a food of Vietnamese origin, which can be served at any time of the day. This dish is prepared based on rice noodles and pieces of meat, in addition to a nutritious broth commonly prepared with meat and beef bones, fish sauce and some condiments.
How to get the Pho to have a clear soup:
This is one of the main characteristics of the Pho soup, the first thing we will do is boil the bones and the meat for 5 minutes and that first water we will throw it, we will clean them well of all its impurities and now if we cook them over low heat together to the rest of the ingredients.
This is another characteristic of the Pho, it is achieved by grilling the onion, shallot, and ginger. Once they have burned on the outside and with the help of a knife, we will remove the blackest parts, leaving only a little, so we will get a very original smoky taste point of our Pho soup.
Restaurants serving soup “Pho” always have at the tables a variety of seasonings with the flavor will be adjusted from soup to taste, these condiments include among others Sriracha sauce, Hoisin sauce, also accompanied by bean sprouts, Thai basil, coriander and some segments of lime. In addition, if you like spicy, it is also accompanied with cut green Cayenne pepper.
Once we have the bowl with our soup and all the accompaniments next to it, the first thing we will do is add to our bowl a good amount of bean sprouts, then fresh herbs such as basil or coriander leaves that we will break a little by hand and finally we will put a few drops of lime on top. As for the Hoisin and Sriracha sauces, some people like to put a little of each of them directly in the soup, I personally like to put them together in a tiny bowl and go dipping the pieces of meat and vegetables.
Here is a recipe for you to prepare the traditional Pho at home and enjoy different, rich and nutritious flavors at your table:
How To Make Vietnamese Beef Pho
For the broth
- Glass of water
- 2 medium onions, halved
- 1 small piece of medium ginger
- 2 beef shanks with meat 500 g
- 3 quarts low-sodium beef broth
- 4-star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp grain salt
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 tsp cardamom
For the soup
- 700 g of pho noodles
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 500 g beefsteak finely filleted
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 cup bean sprouts
- 2 sliced jalapeno peppers
- 2 lemons a half
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
- 1 sprig of fresh basil
- chile sauce, for serving
For the pho broth
1. On the cooktop, grill the onion, ginger,the cinnamon sticks, star anise and garlic in a small skillet over medium heat,5 minutes.Once onion and ginger slightly scorched, remove the heavily burned parts and cut them into large pieces.
2. Fill half of a large saucepan with water. Add beef and bones and heat over medium heat until they boil. Remove from
3. Rinse meat and bones with clean water, and transfer to a different pot with water.
4. Add spices, onion and ginger, garlic, sugar, salt and fish sauce. Bring to a boil, skimming off any foam and let cook for an hour and a half more, until the meat is tender.
5. Remove the pieces of meat and pass the broth through a fine strainer so that not a single solid remains.
6. Try the broth and, if required, add more flavor with a little more sugar and fish sauce. Apart.
For the pho
1. In a saucepan with boiling water, put the pho to cook according to the instructions of the noodle. I recommend you do it only for 30 seconds so that it is bleached and al dente.
2. Strain and transfer to a bowl for pho. Pour the very hot beef broth and, on top of it, distribute the beef (raw, cooked in the broth), the bean sprouts, the coriander, the mint and basil leaves, the chives and the chili slices.
3. At the time of eating, add a few drops of lemon to your liking and enjoy.
You may also be interested: Delicious Beef Tacos Recipe|How To Make Beef Tacos Recipe Like A Professional
Traditional Vietnamese Beef Pho-Best Beef Pho Recipe.