The Best Fish And Chips Recipe Ever
Fish And Chips is a famous English recipe, Simple, easy and delicious dish but very typical and classic. It is one of the best of Britain’s national dishes. Everyone likes it. It’s served with some chips, tartar sauce, ketchup, and peas or mashed peas.
For generations, those of us who have visited the United Kingdom, a typical takeaway dish, has been part of our memories, served in newspaper and eaten with greasy fingers of the Way home or to the hotel.
Today, Fisch & Chip is no longer the king of “takeaway food.” Burgers, fried chicken, pizza, sell more than fried fish. The high price of fish is part of the problem. But, on the other hand, it already occupies a prominent place in the menu of the vast majority of restaurants.
For the nostalgic, or for those who want to try it for the first time, there goes the recipe.
Today I come to bring you a recipe to treat us once in a while: Fish and chips.
This recipe for fish and chips is the English classic, although I recommend using extra virgin olive oil in the preparation.
History of fish and chips
The history of this humble dish dates back to the 17th century. Charles Dickens refers to an old fish shop or “fried fish store” in Oliver Twist (1839) where the fish usually came with baked bread or potatoes. Who had the brilliant idea of combining fish and chips is still the subject of fierce controversy and we probably never know for sure. It seems likely that the custom was born in England but it is still discussed whether in the north or in the south.
What is the best fish for fish and chips?
The most common fish to serve for this recipe is cod, there are many fish substitutes, especially those white fish such as haddock, salmon, flounder, rock salmon. skate, halibut, flounder, and tilapia fish used in the United States.
Cod is preferably eaten in northern England and Scotland. Australians prefer to eat rock cod, but of a different variety; in some cases, they use shark meat in their fish and chips.
What is fish and chips batter made of?
The batter recipe is half cup flour mixed with baking powder salt, pepper, and water. It is one of the batters that best result in frying white fish because it makes fish crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside.
Fish and chips
easy recipe today
- 4 cut into 1-ounce strips large fleshed white fish without bones or skin (usually salmon or fresh cod)
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 large potatoes
- Frying oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- The easy recipe today. We start by peeling the potatoes and cutting them into thick sticks. Place potatoes bowl of cold water. Wash and peel the potato. Dry thoroughly with paper towels and leave them on paper towels to allow the surface of the potatoes to dry for about 30 minutes. You can skip this step if you wish.
- Mix the milk and egg with the flour, baking powder, pepper, salt, and honey (you can eliminate it but it increases the crispy point of the batter and gives it color and a touch of flavor)in a medium bowl, stir using a fork until the better-mixed well and free of any lumps.let stand for 20 minutes.
- Add vegetable oil in a thick-bottomed pot at 170 degrees C
- Fry the potatoes until crisp and light golden brown. Place in a bowl and Season with paper and salt set aside.
- wash and dry the fish very well, Pass the fish in better completely covering the fish with each of the layers.
- When the fish is ready to fry, increase the heat of the oil to 160 degrees. Fry the fish at the highest temperature until golden brown. Drain on a rack. Serve the fish and chips with lemon slices.